Friday, July 21, 2006

Headlights, raindrops and a freeway...

ANNA IS HEREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

She arrived the other night from Honkers…we had playtimes the other night – so fun!! Grabbed a delish curry from “Lentil as Anything” (awesome organic eatery in St Kilda where there are no prices and you pay what you want!!! check it out...http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/lentil_as_anything/)Am I’m going to pick her up in about 20 mins, and we’re off to Boom. Fun times.

So I’m driving along the Monash Freeway the other night, on the way to dinner with Mum and Dad, it’s raining, the traffic is terrible (please note: my petrol light only came that morning) and suddenly, I’m pressing the accelerator and…hmmm…nothing seems to be happening. Oh dear. Yes yes yes. I slowly steer my little Beemer into the emergency lane and she slowly cracks it, refusing to go any further.

And there I was. Just like a scene in a movie. Broken down…side of a freeway…raining…cars zooming by… sitting in the front seat waiting for “assistance”. So I sit there listening to Martin Smith and Darlene Zschech’s rendition of U2’s “Walk On”, goosebumps increasing in pointyness as the harmonies build and crescendo. V inspired. So as I waited for Mum and Dad to rescue me…I start writing a song ☺ La la la.

Sitting there with my phone recorder ticking away, I watched the cars zoom past, wondering who was inside each car, their story and where they were headed. And the melody just flowed. It was awesome.

So I’m gonna write a book one day. And one of my chapters will be entitled “Sunday morning ham and cheese croissants make me smile”. My friends Dave and Lucy are getting married next month, so I went to visit them the other Sunday morning to see their new wooden floorboarded, “Villa & Hut” clad abode. Could it BE any cooler. Talk about funky pad…nice one…you guys have so got it goin’ down ☺

Gorg weather in Melbs today…loving it. Off to pic up the lovely Anna, hope she doesn’t get lost on Chapel St…it’s her first experience with Melbourne public transport…☺☺ He he…good luck to her! Will put pics up soon...

I heard someone use my email footer the other day...made me smile..."Attempt something so great that failure is guaranteed unless God steps in." I know this is not everyone's viewpoint, but hey...don't knock it til you've tried it...

No day but today.

Stir it up.

Boxy

6 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

hope you and anna are up to no good! boxy, you're a star! have a great time and cry heaps when you and anna catch up!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Sounds Of Wood said...

Did you forget to fill up at the petrol station! Got a mate who's a mechanic in Melbs, let me know if yer need help and I'll hook you guys up. Hope you and Anna have a good time!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Gabrielle Lee said...

Hey there, miss you!! Check out my blog for pics. Keep it up!!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Gabs...I would if you gave me your blog laaaaaaaaaa!!! What is it?!?! Yup, Anna misses you...and me even MORE!! We wish you were here!! Michelle, I did forget...yes...bimbo I know...Dez - there WILL be tears...you have got yourself an awesome preacher...I heard about the mission trip - rock on!

9:30 PM  
Blogger jana* said...

wow that's a story.... :) we can't wait til we go to vancouver. less than 1 week now!! we SOOO need a break :) btw, i heard gossip of you POSSIBLY coming back to hk???

5:19 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

any waves?

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home