Monday, June 05, 2006

Eleven times in 2 years

This is how many times I have moved. Hmmm. Interesting. From Elwood to Hong Kong. From Hong Kong to Melb (Black Rock). Black Rock to Glen Waverley. Glen Waverley to Boston, US. Boston to HK (Happy Valley). Happy Valley to Discovery Bay. Discovery Bay to Wan Chai. Wan Chai to Mid Levels. Mid Levels to Mid Levels again. Mid Levels to Melb (Patterson Lakes). Patto Lakes to Dingley. Yes. As of 2 weeks time I will have moved for the 11th time. I am temporarily moving to my childhood haven once again:) 1 street away from the house I grew up in...so crazy:) But hey, I am an intern this year, it's ALLLL about being "ho chong ming" (very simmaarrrrt) because "ngor day mo cheena" (we all have no money). So once again another season begins:)

So, side point...one thing I AM quite thrilled about is not being the "bag lady" anymore. Moving from house to house, trapsing all over HK (and the world actually) with thousands and millions of bags. Ah, how I longed to be that girl with only 1 bag. Just one. Well yesterday I cruised into church with my one bag over my shoulder and laughed.

Just thinking about the last 3 years, where I've been and what I've done, and how immensely huge this planet is. I wonder how long it would take to journey to all places. I don't think it would even be possible. Or to meet someone from every culture. Or to taste a morsel of every different type of food. Or swim in the waters of every beach. Or to climb the peak of every (climbable) mountain...PS: Janey...Mt KK IS SO going to happen. Or to read every book ever written. Ok ok I think I'm going to stop there cos I am starting to freak myself out. Ok at least set foot on every continent. THAT is doable:) So many choices. Love it.

I've been asked the same question a number of times this week. "So what will you do after this year?" It's interesting to think about, but on the other hand it's almost ridiculous to imagine. The level of change I have seen in the last 4 months, let alone the last year is more hilarious than I can fathom:) This time last year I was a Kindergarten Teacher sharing in a 400 sq ft apartment in Mid Levels, about to head to Oz for a holiday. Who would have though that my RANDOM last minute visit to a church named Planetshakers last July would have been so memorable:) Back to HK to be a "real-life teacher" in Sept he he...27 little munckins all of my own, side trip to a Shakers conference in the Land of the Satay in Nov was too too good. Some sun & chick time in Lang Kawi with Tammy solidified some pretty serious desires God had placed on my heart. Back to HK. Application sent. Approved. Bam. Find replacement teacher. Pack up apartment. Ship 100kgs of stuff home. Why not post your passport IN YOUR LUGGAGE as well while you're at it. Cheh. Home in Feb and smack bang into internship the next day. Intense.

I'm just taking it each week, actually each day at a time is probably the right way of saying it:) So many new thoughts and revelations everyday...and teaching little kids again is freaking me out, to think that their brains absorb wayyyyyy more than ours. Even hurts me to think about. So yeah, studying again is just giving me a whole new perspective on life. The last time I was at uni, 6 years ago - crap - assignments were tedious, lectures were boring, but this time, it's so different. Studying something I am passionate about, kinda like Berklee 2 years ago - studying music there was just amazing, and this too is freaking me out, even more...studying the BIBLE...writing papers on the Old Testament...doing tests and writing journals...it's literally a pleasure cos I'm getting so much out of it.



These are some of this year's interns. This is our gorgeous old (sometimes clean) Kew Building. The creative team are here, we're moving to the new offices soon with the rest of the clan...ah Kew Building...oh how we love thee:)



This is Dan, Ellen, Whitney, Cara, Jeremy and Me volunteering for the Red Sheild Appeal (aka Salvation Army). Hmmm. We had much success. I collected 80c. The Boy Scouts had been through our area earlier that morning...CHEH. But hey...our hearts were totally there.



Boogying the night away @ Jules & Andrew's wedding...shake it chicks. Congrats Mrs Robinson!!!



Cook-fest @ Courtney's. 10 mins prior to this...10 chicks bolting around Coles Supermarket getting stuff, shouting to each other back and forth from each aisle. What a cack. The check out chicks weren't impressed.



Me & Katie @ Blue Train the other night for Mum's B'day...rock on Margie:)



Dinner @ Joe's Garage in Brunswick St last night. THE best eggplant dip I've EVER eaten.





Ah my HK chicks. How I MISS THEE!!! Come and play soon! :):)



One good thing about moving again...I'll be closer to my bro & Leigh:) This is JB is his glory. And I just want to eat Emmy. Cat & Emily I miss you guys!! :( Melbourne IS closer than HK but, Sydney is still just too far away:(



But this is what I will miss:) Waking up to this. This was yesterday morning. How glorious.

I wasn't sure I could have another year as full on as last year, but so far this year seems to be winning the 'challenging' race:) At the same time though, so so rewarding. I'm just sitting here laughing at how much I NOW know about the bible as compared to last year. I was teaching kids church @ The Vine, and actually LEARNING stuff at the same time (is that wrong?) Anyway, much more educated now. The bibs rocks. I want to eat it.

So...to answer the question...what will I do next year? Man...as the saying goes "God knows what's next"...

Thank goodness for that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

hey nat.....massive post, but good to hear you're crankin along well in aus. the vine is still kickin on over here, post cd recording, and everyone is gearing up for some serious travel over the summer holidays. miss you always

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nat is moving again! should I pretend to be surprised???? haha....I love how 'random' life is!!! pray that everything is well...love you sweetie!

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nat is moving again! should I pretend to be surprised???? haha....I love how 'random' life is!!! pray that everything is well...love you sweetie!

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nat is moving again! should I pretend to be surprised???? haha....I love how 'random' life is!!! pray that everything is well...love you sweetie!

1:59 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

I love that Mandy felt she wanted to write that 3 times! MWAH! Thanks guys:):) I miss you too much...:)

12:25 AM  
Blogger HeidiHeidiJoy said...

Can you make it 12 times and move back to HK please...

Just kidding. I know you are SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE of God's amazing will for your life.

Love hearing and seeing you. Miss you like crazy girl.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Syders is too far away!! Love that photo of JB & Em too!! We miss you heaps! So it's back to Dingers!! Please come visit us soon! love Catty & Emmy

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home