Friday, September 29, 2006

This one goes out to Baz...

Isn't it funny how you go through life, friends come and go...but then no matter how long the time apart is, months or even years, when you get around your old friends again, I'm talking great childhood/high school friends, the time just fades away and it feels like you're back in high school again:)

With a plethora of weddings at the mo, I've been catching up with the Grammar Girls on a regular basis, (and also some additions, namely my new friend Baz) and I absolutely love it. Being in HK for 2 and a half years, and despite the awesome technology we have these days, it just doesn't cut it really...I mean, we all know, friendships take A LOT of effort. But having said that, it's so worth it when you sit down and have some QCs (quality chats)...and for me, to be a part of my friends lives in a greater capacity than text messages and emails means a lot to me.

Of late I have been intruiged by a particular thought: how our minds think is one truly fascinating thing. Oh YES YES YES. I mean, I believe we were all created and designed uniquely, fearfully and wonderfully made; and from this unfathomably unique creation we call our human body, stems not only an individual outer appearance, but also a 'one of a kind' thought process by which we view all things in this world. It's actually frying my brain just thinking about the complexity of it all right now.

But...although I know what I believe, I also respect what other people believe. So, to be able to have crazy and in-depth discussions with friends, whilst gaining an understanding of their belief systems, is truly amazing and I absolutely love it.

Was driving home earlier...it's a full moon tonight, and ah yes...and I was sitting at the traffic lights STARING. Just looking up at it at it's perfectly symmetrical 'face'. HOW COOL IS THE MOON?! So awesome. Creation, the moon, the planets, the weather, the tides coming in and going out, the stars, the constellations that we will never know about, the growth and explosion of a flower from a bud, a tree from a seed, a sunset tonight that seriously looked like it had been coloured in with a pale pink crayon. Too cool.

Yes I know you are all thinking...here goes Nat again with her "freaky nature obsession" but come on...dudes...the earth is hanging on nothing.

So I will continue along the path of thinking out loud, and tell you all what I've been pondering lately: the concept of wisdom. Like as in, where it stems from. And how I can get more of it. Ha ha. Yes I know I AM being deep here, but hey...deep is fun sometimes. So yeah, back to wisdom. What does it consist of and where can it be found? Where does understanding dwell? Some say within us? Some say in books...I believe it was tried and tested at the beginning of time, laid out with the other foundations of this earth and is readily available in chunks and handfuls for anyone to grab if we seek it properly. So that's my mission right now...to get me some more of the stuff.

Rewind: Planet Worship Conference was awesome the other week, a great opportunity for other churches' leadership and worship teams to come and be imparted to by some of the worlds' greatest preachers and worship leaders...just being a part of it all was just mindblowing. To think of all I've done this year makes me laugh. No not laugh, just smile:) It was such an honour and privilege, and seeing our Pastors work tirelessly day after day, giving their all so we could be that little bit more inspired...just incredible. And being entrusted with running the entire conference was quite a big thing, but we pulled it off:) But not in our own strength...there were many many times where things almost went crazy, but...miraculously, every time we were saved. Oh my goodness faith is a powerful thang.

Bizarre Melbourne moment: Last Wednesday - 30 degrees, Thursday - 18 and raining. Gotta love it.

So side point, I'm looking after 2 gorgeous little boys at the moment...Matthew & Christopher...who seem to have the same obsession with my camera as me:) seriously - OBSESSED! Maybe when we do the letter "C" in my Kinder class I should teach them about CAMERAS and take a few snaps.

OK...it's beddie byes now...

...but for the person who asked me the other day what "amazed" me about the God I serve...

I believe there is a God out there who, if we call to Him, WILL answer us and tell us great and unsearchable things we do not know. He knows and understands the depths of our heart and LONGS to give us immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine.

Everyday I am BLOWN away by His greatness, and find myself daily being brought to tears from the sheer joy of this salvation...so if you can say that you are also knocked off your feet day in and day out by something you believe in...let's catch up for coffee soon cos I wanna hear all about it...:):)

Peace out guys...stir it up:)

xxx

4 Comments:

Blogger Pezza Burza said...

NazzaBozza - Baz will be very happy now! Wierd that he is "Baz" isn't it.. Baz Naz Pez and lets not forget the other Pez.. Ahhhzza isszza sozza fuzza izza canzza stopzza larzza abouzza izza!!

Izza gozza mozzaa bizzaa ozza muzza lezza. Vezza Itzza!

I saw the moon too.. how ace was it.. I was wondering why I was going so WIERD then I was driving down to McCrae and there it was... MASSIVE and luminous in the sky in front of me.

See you sat for Kel's hens!!

Werd

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally i have made the BLOG.

Must say i dont have tears on a daily basis, plenty of laughs though. Hearing the stories of my mates and their weekend antics.

PS Have to love yourself before you can lover others ;-)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

amen.

missing ya naz, but i'm totally lost with your '_zza' vocab....

11:49 AM  
Blogger Jane Perry said...

Ha ha - yes, lets never forget the OTHER Pez! Thanks Pez.

Izza Lozza Yozza Nazza anzza Pezza. Izza Mizza Ourzza Playzza!

Ha.

Love your blog NazzaBozza. It rocks, it always does.

Pez (the other one) xx

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home