Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cabin crew prepare for take off


Peace out man. How cute is my neice...

FRIDAY MORNING 8:30am...
Sitting here at Melbourne Airport once again. Sydney bound. It’s been so long since I’ve been here. Well. 5 months. That is long for me. Ha ha. I have traveled every 3 months for the past three years, so 5 months is a large amount of time to be in one place! Ah airports. Aeroplanes waiting at the gate. Check in counters. People in suits rushing off to meetings interstate grabbing a coffee on the way. Bookshops that you would never normally be so excited about, but since you are about to be whisked away somewhere…you venture in, full of “holiday” thoughts. Coffee shops with the aroma of a fresh brew and bakeries permeating that “bread smell” :) Love it. Swarms of travelers grabbing a snack before hearing their boarding call. Surf shops full of customers pondering last minute purchases. Music pumping. So familiar. So nice. I love airports.

Some people hate them. Some people are indifferent. LOVE them. For so many different reasons. Watching people coming and going from a million different places, wondering where they are off too or coming from today. The excitement in the air at an airport is unlike anywhere else, (well second of course to the feeling of chatting to the Creator of the universe as He adds another star to the night sky…) So, as I was saying that feeling of anticipation, of readiness and expectation, cos normally the hours, days leading up to departure are incomprehensibly crazy, and you just get to the airport and just…breathe. Ha ha. Which is ALWAYS the case for me!! I always seem to have a million gazillion things on, even up to the last hours…such was the case last night. My car had to be towed last week, so I’m driving Dad’s car. Last night after a full day of teaching, I’m fanging to the Kids Conference I was helping with…Dad’s car dies. On a hill. I roll. Down the hill. Turn the wheel into Swan off Burnley and bam straight into a car space. Nice. Wait for a cab. Nothing. Time passes. Finally I get someone to come pick me up. Conference goes awesome – God moves incredibly (reminding me that my car problems are alllllllll irrelevant really) then get a lift back to my car. Oh dear. Call RACV. Wait. They come. I need a tow truck. Wait. Towed home. Meet dad at mechanics & he drives me home. Now I have to pack! Ha ha. Thank you Lord for your strength! Seriously, what a crack up.

The pillow was so sweet when my head hit it let me tell you. Up at 6am. Send a few emails. Drive here to the airport, check-in and BAM. Here I sit in the glorious morning sunshine looking out as planes reverse, pull in, land and take off. And I smile. The things that used to get to me just dont seem to anymore…this life is temporal. And for those who want it, there is something so so much better to look forward to...

...Life with JC is sweet. Highly recommend it. Nothing has and ever will compare to the joy. Oh my the JOY. TM. Too much. Almost incomprehensible and definately indescribable, you just gotta try it.

So I type this, with a quickened heartbeat full of excitement, no phone and loving it, laughing at the events of the last 24 hours, and in anticipation of what my awesome God has in store for me this weekend :)


Biggest cutie ever.

TUESDAY NIGHT 11:48pm...
So that was that! Got back from Sydney last night…had THE best weekend ever:) 24 degrees and sunny. Love Sydders. Spent 4 glorious days with Catrina (sis) and Emily (niece)…blue sky, warm air, insert into the picture harbour bridge, opera house, picnic in botanical gardens along with crazy bat chasing and cactus spotting. Continuing on with lunch in the sunshine at Darling Harbour, people watching for hours on end, watching the sun set over the entire city in Bondi whilst chowing on falafel pitas with Kaz, blending in with the tourists whilst chilling harbour-side with gelatis as Em chases seagulls and imitates lions in the process ☺ Was truly a great weekend.


Yo wassup homy.

Churched it up Sunday morning @ Hillsong City…Em and I donned the curls as she checked out Hillsong Kids and I the 11:30 service (1 of 7 services on a weekend – hello). Youth Pastors Andy and Phil brought an awesome word on relationships, absolutely hilarious…you know when you are hearing something and thinking…I am so meant to be here at this point in time. Yup. One of those defining moments. Missed Planetshakers like CRAZY though…had serious withdrawals Sunday night as I sat watching ‘Australian Idol’ :):) But was quite a cack watching the debacle with “George Bec” – good luck to him…thanks for the laughs George…classic mate. But it was just proof to me that church is not about a building, comfort zones, or how many people are there, church is about coming to worship God in His house and I was so blessed to be able to do that.


HOTTIES!

So back into my crazy life here…studied til all hours last night, up @ the crack for work this morning followed by internship and vocal lessons and then home to do another 4 hours of study – yeah yeah…and I am about to hit the hay as I have to be up at 6am…gotta love 7:30am tutorials:):)


Sunrise out my living room window the other morning.


Hello. Who dat? ANNA I MISS YOU...come backkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

WEDNESDAY NIGHT...
It's 9:10pm and I am sitting here in the Shakers office listening to some of the Malaysian girls chatting away in the next room...so nice! Reminding me of Honkers. Busy day today...getting stuff ready for conference...still 5 months away, but I am so excited! Internship was A-MAZ-ING this morning. Ps Mike nailed it yet again...preached on hearing the Word...not just hearing it but hearing it. Exodus 17. Numbers 20. Oh Moses. What were you thinking. Who would have thought 2 scenes would turn out so differently. Ha. Love the Word. Remembering reading the same scripture (Psalm 46) when I was a teenager, and reading it now and being FREAKED out by the power and the passion it still has, only relevant to me right where I am today.


Anna & Me being fangers:)

Buzz buzz

Good ol' Sydney harbour
Fun timmmmmmessssssss:)


Sorrento front beach

Oh my. Glory:)

Shakers chicks

Peace Nanna
Ngor tzau la yee gar, fan ok la, ngor ho gwoy ah (I’m off now, going home, very tired la!)

4 sleeps til Dave and Lucy’s wedding…this is SO the year of weddings! Kel and Scott in a few weeks, followed by Kel and Ollie, then Ben and Suki in HK aiya!!!! Ho geng ah! (cool!)

Tom…don’t keep me in suspense la…where can I buy CD la?!?!

If you read this Tari-girl I am thinking of you...:) Love you xxx

Stir it up.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sounds Of Wood said...

Alreet Boxy! Lang time nee see man! What's wit aall this 'ere car trouble? CD launch on 16th September...soooo excited to 'ear it. I'll make sure yee get one asap! Aye, saa yee na, me accent's still strong. Is if fowk or foek?

2:54 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

oh my a MEGA blog!! You have been busy. Wouldn't be any other way for you though would it. HK is still here, just truckin on as usual. Start a new service in DB in a couple of weeks along with the CD launch. Busy Busy! Peta and I have booked tickets back to Melb for Christmas.....you'd better be around ;)

9:04 PM  
Blogger HeidiHeidiJoy said...

I second Matt's MEGA BLOG comment. Excellent writing and update girl. So could we be missing you more? As Matt says - the DB service starts in TWO weeks. I thought of you last night...as we hung 120 yards of fabric (37 panels) to "transform" a boring, ugly multipurpose hall. It worked!!!! It's gonna BLOW DB AWAY. Doing worship this Sunday and just thinking how much I miss singing with you :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Oh thankssssssssssss...I am sure you have decorated it to a tea:):) Yesssss Matty I am here at Christmas for SURE! Will be in Malaysia (you should have got a stop over la!) from 6th - 16th, then will be ALL YOURS!! YEAH! How long you back for?:):)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Ah neeeeeed a mechannnnnic!!!!!! Michele. Yes. I need you here:) And by the way...it's fork:)

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nat, It's been a long while. i saw your address on suki's blog and just thought I'd check in. I so identify with so much of what I found there. Having recently moved for the 7th time over the past 5 years, and still missing HK even after more than a year away, it's so hard to know what to call home, or how to find my indentity in the transient life I lead. I'm currently living in Alaska with one of my sisters and her family, hoping to do some substitute teaching. We'll see. Anyhow, it was so nice to see that you're doing well, and I'm likewise keeping my eyes open for the Vine CD!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

box.. stop smoking crack!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

There is no crack involved. At all. aslkdfjawoeifjoijjoaincowin! Dezman you love it! Ha ha... How was album launch??! Totally thinking of you guys:) I want a copy la...

11:13 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Hey Sarah! WOW Alaska...that's different...I hear it's beautiful in the SUMMER! Teaching is GOOD:) Love it...yes I know they need to do a mail out for us ex-HKers overseas!! xx

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home