Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's black, it's white...it's tough for you to get by...

Yes these are MJ (aka Michael Jacko) lyrics...one of the songs I am performing at the World Vision Benefit Concert next Monday night Official Ticketmaster site. Planetshakers Benefit Concert Supporting World Vision tickets Athenaeum Theatre One Melbourne, VIC, Directions, seating chart.. I just think of Macauley Culkin when I hear it though, cos he was in the film clip...Anywayyyy...had dress rehearsal with full run through tonight (including moon walks, tilted sequinned hats and high pitched Michael Jackson style yelling from Ashleigh and myself) - very fun. Can I just say I am TRES excited about next week!!!! All proceeds go to World Vision too which is even better. "I'm a Survivor I'm not gon give up..." Hmmmmm. Love a bit of Beyonce.

So I have been a litttttle busy of late. Yes indeedy. Started my new job at Shakers last week (yes yes very exciting!) as Promotions Coordinator. SO COOL...I'm just constantly in hysterics at the whole situation really. 5 years ago I decided marketing wasn't for me and wrote it off as a career option...but now, just over a week in, my teeth are more than sunk into this puppy. Full steam ahead; national conference in just 4 weeks, visual merchandising, and radio & sponsorship campaigns across 5 states that have had me enthralled all week...flatter than chat but I love every second:) God is so funny...all the time he knew. Cracks me up that I am working in this field again, the industry I studied so hard to fit into 6 years ago, wondering why I wasn't passionate about promoting a chocolate bar, but now it's different. So different.

This cause is so much greater.

3rd last Internship Discipleship meeting tomorrow morning - we have our last meeting on Dec 20th - WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh...so sad la. But then...at the same time, so exciting. Gearing up to THE most full on time of the year...Connnnnnnnference:) Jan 2 - 16. No one will sleep. A wink. Actually more like Dec 27 - Jan 16. Ha ha ha. But it's a small price to pay to see 25,000 kids and adults come to see and understand the mighty power of their Maker face to face. To witness people get breakthrough in their lives. To see people healed in front of my eyes.

Hello SIDEPOINT - just a little "som'n som'n" for those who are skeptical about the power OF GOD... OK. Church Sunday night. My friend's broken leg GOT healed. Healed. Instantly. Stop it!!! She broke it last week, Sunday night God heals her and she's JUMPING on it. As in JUMPING.

Incredible.

I just love seeing broken lives transformed. My life before was not incomplete because of friends or family, nor do I have regret for those years because of friendships or people - I had (and still have) the best friends and an amazing family, but I was torn apart inside. And after years of fighting depression and searching high and low for 'meaning' in my life, there was nothing that could fulfil me...until I had the revelation that Jesus Christ died to wash me clean, and that he put me here on this earth for a purpose: to share with others the place where I found this freedom.

Yeah yeah.

Ok, some other background information on me. I'm still living in Pleasantville with Mum, Dad & Katie. You know those Christmas tree light/Chevvy Chase house streets - that is my street. Oh yes. That's right. BBQs and kids riding their bikes, complete with Mr Whippy van cruising the street. You don't understand how excited I am about this coming month. Oh dear :):)


I love this. Love.

And I love kids. How funny are they. I was reading a story to my 3 year old class today (3 more weeks of juggling 2 jobs - Hallelujah) and right in the middle of my pause (and actually often at the SAME time as words are coming out of my mouth) one of them will just look up at the ceiling and come out with a "*sigh* d'you know that I have Incredibles DVD and my Dad can drive really really fast". Um. Ok. And the relevance to the story on 'whales' would be?!! Classic! I just laugh! I just think sometimes we need to be more like kids - chill out and play like they do. Sometimes easier said than done...

Ok time to go to SLEEPPPPPPPPPPP now. But just quickly...bummed I missed a Mentone Girls Grammar reunion lunch Sunday...totally shattered - I've decided I want there to be more weddings, I love catching up with everyone every weekend or two!!!!!! Hoping for some quality catchups in the next week or so. Ya ya.

Right. Better get to bed as it's currently 1:45am. Eek. Why. WHY am I not asleep.

PS - 3 sleeps til Summer.

PPS - Decorate a Christmas Tree for me in the Windy City Janey!!!!

PPPS - if you're reading what date are you due Jods?

PPPPS - will put pictures up soon:)

Stir it up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane Perry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jane Perry said...

Firstly – I LOVE that Michael Jackson tune (and the film clip! Very ahead of its time when it came out). Kind of a paradox that MJ wrote it given his… well you know… peculiar skin disorder and all?! Secondly (and WAY more importantly) congratulations again for the new job!

I’m a huge believer that total career success (NB: I’m not referring to life success by any means!) is when you can honestly state that you are doing something you are passionate about AND something you’re good at AND something that you studied (I mean honestly, how many of us actually successfully choose at the age of… 15 or 16… what we want to do for the rest of our lives?!).

You’ve successfully achieved all these things by uniting your passion for Jesus and music, with what you’re good at (singing mostly AND coordinating events and promotions etc.) AND… what you are qualified to do (marketing… AND singing). BRAVO Nazza Bozza. I is VERY full of pride for you!

Jx

3:36 PM  
Blogger Pezza Burza said...

Fixed a broken leg??? I would like to see that. hmmm.. beats modern science hands down.. amazing.. totally amazing.. I have also seen a man eat an apple and think it was an onion.. or a woman think she was a chicken at the sound of a ding.. the mind is a powerful tool - if you beleive it it is true. I suppose that relates to anything in life. If you are open to the suggestion then your mind makes it so.

Sorry Boxy.. that story probably made me more skeptical. Faith is one thing - believing it mended a broken bone? Show me the exrays an then I will swallow my words.

Good luck on Monday my dear. It's great the money is going to charity. If legs can be healed why not hunger? I am sure they are praying for god to help them.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Maybe if you actually came along to church Pez you might be surprised...;)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Pezza Burza said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home